Business fleet tracking is a comprehensive managed system that utilises fleet GPS tracking to monitor the whereabouts of assets which may be vehicles, equipment or people.
Fleet tracking allows professionals like fleet managers to have complete control of the fleet vehicles, assets such as heavy equipment among other things.
A tracking software when optimised can help track assets, vehicles, boost productivity and reduce operational costs.
“Fleet tracking makes use of advanced telematics to fetch location data of assets in real-time based on an active tracking system employed by the electronic tracking device.”
Components Of A Fleet Tracking System
- Fleet GPS tracking
- Data tracking server
- Customised mapping interface
Tracking devices make use of both active and passive tracking systems to their advantage based on the end-user requirement. The data generated from the devices can be recorded onto an onboard device which can be downloaded for later use or can be transmitted in real-time using cellular or a satellite network to a remote map integrated computer or a server for data interpretation.
What Is Tracked Through Fleet Tracking?
Fleet software can be utilised for
- Vehicle Location
- Onboard diagnostics
- Vehicle engine & maintenance
- Vehicle activity in real-time
- Risk management application
- Driver behaviour
- Vehicle operating speeds
Benefits Of Fleet Tracking
- Optimise operational expenses
- Resource or asset tracking
- Track fuel usage and control costs
- Maximise labour costs
How Can Linxio Help With Tracking Solutions
Maximise Your Fleet’s potential through complete fleet management and vehicle tracking. Linxio helps businesses to enhance productivity & efficiency, boost profits and ROI and save more on fuel & labour costs.
With Linxio, you can
- Track, identify and prevent unauthorised use of business or work vehicles
- Track, control and evaluate fleet fuel costs
- Reduce labour costs by decreasing the turn-over time
- Enhance scheduling and dispatch through customised reporting
- Improve driver behaviour