When it comes to geofencing solutions, a geo-fence simply put is a perimeter setup virtually plotted in a real-world scenario over a designated geographical zone.
A geo-fence can be dynamically generated predefined by a set of pinned boundaries.
Based on how the given geofencing software has been designed, it alerts the end-user by sending across custom alerts or notifications.
Simply put, a geofencing software can be used to pinpoint a device or an asset’s location by creating a virtual fence or a boundary around it.
“It is generally a location-based service in which the assigned software collates data acquired from a GPS device, an RFID tag and triggers an appropriate response when an asset either enters or leaves a demarked zone of isolation.”
How Geofencing Solutions work?
For geofencing to work, a virtual fence or a boundary has to be set up around a specified location. This virtual fence can be as simple as a circle drawn over a digital map. The virtual fence once setup triggers an alert or a notification to the end-user once an alien entity enters the set perimeter or if the tracked asset is moved beyond the confines of the virtual fence.
Areas of application
- In telematics, the end-use of a geofencing solutions system can enforce zones around the areas of work, secure locations and client sites
- Geofencing can be utilised in the asset location services to alert the end-user if the tracked asset has been moved from the identified zone
- Geofencing finds applications in the construction, oil, gas and mining industries where there might be a requirement for monitoring workers in specific locations, especially during field service work
- Geofencing also finds application in automobile security to set off an alert if a targeted vehicle is moved or falls prey to theft
- Geofencing finds application in agriculture to track live cattle
- Car rental companies use geofencing to enhance compliance with routes when a customer rents a car
How Linxio Can Help With Geofencing
- Erecting virtual fences around designated locales or end-user sites
- Customised alerts and notifications based on activity within the geofence
- Automated data generation for the tracked asset
- Improved fleet compliance
- Enhanced asset security
Fleet Solutions Offered By Linxio
- Real-Time Commercial Vehicle GPS Tracking
- Integrated Multiple Vehicle Support
- 4G Ready Advanced GPS Fleet Tracking Devices
- Driver Behaviour & Tracking Assist
- Route Planning & Optimisation
- Custom Alerts & Notification
- Fuel Usage & Cost Tracking
- Full HD 1080P dashcam integration
- Dynamic API Assist
- Scheduling & Dispatch Support
- Asset & Heavy Equipment Tracking
- Automated Reporting
- Refrigerated transport temperature monitoring
- Smartphone App & Desktop Interface