The GPS tracking device is usually integrated into the vehicle or carried by a person so that the latter can be tracked accurately. The location which is recorded onto the device is transmitted via cellular or satellite modem embedded in the tracker.
What makes up a GPS Tracker?
Based on the type, a GPS tracking device can have or omit modules depending upon the usage requirement.
Broadly, GPS trackers are broken down into 5 categories, namely;
- Data Loggers: These devices log the position or the location coordinates of the device on the internal memory that can be later accessed through downloadable data.
- Data Pushers: These devices are the most common type of GPS trackers widely used. These devices usually transmit the data in the form of location, along with information about other on-board diagnostics to a designated server at regular intervals.
- Data Pullers: Unlike data pushers, data pullers are always on and can transmit data as often as one wants to. Data pullers are more commonly used in conjugation with tracking devices with a GPS receiver module and a cellular network that can be triggered by sending a message wirelessly to it.
- Convert GPS Trackers: These are your regular trackers being put to use in everyday life. The only catch here is that these trackers are designed in a particular manner so that they mimic regular objects.
- Vehicle OBD GPS Trackers: OBD GPS trackers can be easily plugged into the on-board diagnostics of a vehicle. The tracking unit is powered by the opd unit present on the vehicle. Additionally, OBD trackers communicate with other sub-systems of the on-board diagnostics to obtain data about vehicle performance, fuel consumption among other things.
What are the applications Of GPS trackers?
- Fleet Management
- Fleet Tracking
- Asset Management
- Asset Tracking
- Vehicle GPS Tracker
- Personal GPS Tracker
- Driver Tracking, Driver Safety & Management
- Job Management
- Field Service Solutions
Which Industries can benefit from GPS tracking Systems?
- Transportation & Logistics
- Oil, Gas & Mining
- Food & Beverage
- Hospitality Industry
- Delivery & Dispatch Services
- Healthcare & Emergency Services
- Vehicle & Equipment Rental Services
- Farming, Forestry & Agriculture
- Private & Government Defence Sector
What type of GPS tracking devices does Linxio offer?
Linxio offers a wide range of high-quality GPS tracking devices to suit all budgets and requirements, from the low-cost TR500 vehicle tracker to the AT36 standalone GPS tracker with impressive 8-year battery life. Our plug and play trackers on the market make all the difference. We geo fence location data for your convenience which can be easily accessed throigh real time tracking using a IOT device like a mobile phone with a data enabled active sim card.
- GPS trackers for fleet management
- GPS trackers for asset management
- GPS trackers for personal tracking
Still, need to learn more about GPS tracking and learn how Linxio can help businesses boost profits and offer customised tracking solutions to run fleets better.
Give us a call to book a free demo and enjoy our 30 days free trial with a money-back guarantee.
To learn more, click here.
Why choose Linxio as your GPS Fleet Management Provider?
Latest 4G Technology
We only use the latest 4G GPS tracking devices to future-proof your business.
Data is updated in real-time, not every 5+ minutes like some other companies.
Our software is ever evolving, constantly updated with new and innovating features.
Highly secure, penetration tested software with 256bit military grade encryption.
We believe our hardware is the highest quality available and stand by a lifetime warranty.
No contracts with our software plans mean we work hard to keep your business
Best Price Guarantee
We will not be beaten on price for and will beat any quote for a comparable product.
Over 1500+ companies trust Linxio from large multi-nationals to small business owners.
Want to find the best GPS tracking solution for your business?
Every business is unique, and your GPS fleet management requirement can be different compared to the shop owner across the street. Talk to a fleet management expert today to know your options. We will help you find the exact type of GPS tracking solution for your unique needs. We have GPS trackers to suit all budgets and requirements.