On October 9th 2019 Telstra officially announced that they would be shutting down the 3G/NextG 850MHz network across Australia in June 2024 (Exact date TBC).
What does this mean for Linxio customers?
- Any M2M/IoT devices utilizing 3G (NextG) 850MHz modules or modems will cease functioning in June 2024.
- To continue using the Telstra network in Australia all devices must utilize a modem or module that is at minimum compatible with LTE Band 28 (700MHz) which Telstra refers to as 4GX.
- For optimal performance Linxio strongly recommends customers to deploy 4G CAT-M1 GPS trackers to provide maximum coverage.
- As of October 2019, the Telstra LTE Band 28 (700MHz) network covers 99.2% population coverage and there are plans in place to increase coverage to have network parity with the current 3G network before June 2024.
- While Telstra are maintaining the NextG network until June 2024, you may notice a reduction in coverage in some areas where tuning and re-farming is taking place.
How can Linxio help?
- All customers with 3G GPS trackers can either upgrade to a 4G GPS tracking device or change their sim cards to either Optus or Vodafone who will have the 3G network still running.
- If you are not a Lixnio customer and are interested in upgrading your GPS tracking devices to a 4G version, please contact us for a price list at email@example.com
“If you have any questions regarding your service from Linxio, Telstra’s 3G shut-down, available 4G/LTE hardware or anything else please don’t hesitate to contact your Business Development Manager, or firstname.lastname@example.org”
Please visit the below links for the Telstra announcements:
We appreciate your continued business with Linxio and we will endeavour to assist you in any way possible with the upcoming 3G Shutdown.